Friday, July 31, 2009

Maddy is 8 months old

Another month has come and gone already. Maddy now weighs 21 lbs and is 28 inches long/tall. She is growing fast so her wardrobe is too. We want to say a special thank you to those people who have given her clothes & other items. She really is growing quite rapidly and we truly appreciate the help. We are also shopping for a different car seat. She will be too large for the current model very soon. There are a few "mentionables" this month. The first being the switch from the infant bath tub to the "big tub". Maddy is sitting up so well that the smaller tub is no longer necessary. She has always enjoyed her bath, but extra room has given her a new freedom and even more splashing power. The second note, she is "scooting" backwards. She isn't crawling yet, but rolls constantly from belly to back. The third highlight is her expanding menu. She is now munching on pizza crusts, mashed bananas, french fries, bread sticks, toast, yogurt drops, cheese puffs, small pieces of meat, Cheerios, cereal puffs, small pieces of fruit and anything else that she can gum to death. Her 2 teeth help a bit, but her gums and tongue are working overtime when they get the chance. She sometimes uses the "pincher grasp" to get small bits of food to her mouth so that's a milestone achieved. We are trying to switch to the sippy cup. Depending on Maddy's mood, we are sometimes successful, but she definitely prefers the bottle. We hope - "Each one is enjoying the good old summertime".

My first boat ride. I liked the bubbles!


Playing in my room. Who put this hat on me?


In the campground store. Peek-a-boo, I see you!


I stole the recliner from Daddy. I like to pull the grass.


I'm gaining on the bear - just a couple more months...


I love riding on the rocking horse that Jerry & Donna gave me!


I "look up" to my dad. Happy 4th of July![


I switched to the big tub on 7/5/2009.


Where's Maddy? Here I am!

No comments: